Pigtail League Rules
Updated Sunday September 10, 2017 by Paul Bolejack.
Rule Summary for AGSA Pigtail League.
The full rules are included here as an attachment and can be downloaded.
- Game length: 90 minute – no new inning can start after 75 minutes
- Umpires: Yes, when available. If official umpire, they make all calls – NO discussion. If no umpire, base coaches make calls at bases and defensive coach makes calls at plate.
- Coaches in the field: Two defensive coaches, with a limit of one defensive coach in the infield. The only Offensive coaches allowed are the 1B and 3B base coaches, and the coach-pitcher (when used).
- Stealing: Not permitted
- Outs: 3
- Max. runs per inning: 5
- Ball: 11″ Soft
- # of players on Field: 6 infield, 4 outfield
- Pitching: Coach Pitch - no Tee. (Spring - 3rd grade may start kid pitch during 2nd half as determined by Commissioner. See rules for details.)
- Mound: 35 feet
- Batting Order: Continuous
- Called strikes: No for 2nd grade teams. Yes, for 3rd grade teams
- Strike outs: 2nd grade - 6 hittable pitches. 3rd grade - 3 strikes.
- Called balls: No
- Foul Balls: Unlimited
- Overthrows: No extra bases
- Interference: Any ball that hits a player, base, umpire (on the field), or ball bucket is a LIVE ball and should be played
- Hit to outfield: For 2nd grade teams, one extra base — For 3rd grade teams, run until ball in control in infield as determined by umpire or 1st base coach if no umpire